So the wife asked me a few months ago to make a DVD shelf. So I did. Next she started showing me headboards on Pinterest and wanted me to get cracking. So I started collecting pieces of pallets and tried to figure out the best way I knew how to construct a headboard for the wife!
Here is the journey I went on in this woodworking endeavor…
Here is the pile of wood I started out with.
As I looked at each piece, I had to kind of lay them out and think about if they’d fit or not. Luckily, most of them did.
So I had to start cutting them so they would fit snug and flush with each other.
Here the pieces are after cutting and sanding.
Then all of a sudden the puzzle fit!
I got a 1/2 inch sheet of birch wood from Home Depot and my foundation. Then I laid out my pallet pieces on it, saw where the gaps were and stained those spots underneath.
I drilled through each piece into the birch wood, and then nailed them down with a big headed roofing nail.
Another close up view of what the nails looked like.
I hung it up with a french cleat. I’ve never done a french cleat before, but after about 10 minutes on google I figured out how to do one.
Here it is hung up and ready to be admired.
And for me one of the most satisfying parts.
Thanks for checking this out. I’m looking forward to sharing my next woodworking adventure with you all!